republic day in indiarepublic day) is celebrated every year on 26 January. As you all know India got independence on 15 August 1947 but at that time our constitution was not applicable and on 26 January 1950 only our constitution was implemented and on this day India became a sovereign, democratic republic hence Republic Day is celebrated. Is.
Republic day (republic day) History of
Republic Day will be celebrated on 26 January 2023, it will be the 74th Republic Day. The purpose of celebrating Republic Day is that the constitution of our country was implemented on 26 January and even before that its history is associated with 26 January.
On December 31, 1930, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru declared complete independence on January 26 in the Congress session on the banks of river Ravi, that is why the importance of celebrating Republic Day on this day increases further.
To maintain the importance of this day even after independence, after 3 years, on 26 January 1950, the Constitution of India was implemented on this day and this day was celebrated as Republic Day.
The parade that takes place on the occasion of Republic Day starts from Vijay Path and continues till India Gate. In which the Army, Air Force and the three armies salute the President. And shows prowess with her weapons.
Republic means that the head of the country will be created by the constitution and he will be elected by the people instead of hereditary, accordingly the President of India is elected by the people instead of hereditary.
Know 7 special things about the Constitution on Republic Day
The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly began at 11 am on Monday, 9 December 1946. 210 members were present in it. In the meeting of the Constituent Assembly on 11 December 1946, Dr. Rajendra Prasad was elected the permanent president, who remained in this post till the end.
On 13 December 1946, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru presented the Objectives Resolution of the Constitution in the Assembly, which was passed on 22 January 1947. Its main points are as follows-
1. India will be a fully sovereign republic, which will make its own constitution.
2. The Union of India shall include all such territories which are at present in British India or in the Princely States or outside both, such territories as may be desired to be included in the sovereign Union of India.
3. The basic source of all royal power in the Indian Union and its units will be the people themselves.
4. The citizens of India shall enjoy social, economic and political justice, equality of status, opportunity and law, freedom of thought, speech, belief, vocation, association and action, subject to law and public morality.
5. Proper arrangements will be made to protect the interests of minority classes, backward castes and tribal castes.
6. Residuary powers will remain with the units.
7. On 26 January 1950, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India, announced the historic birth of the Republic of India by unfurling the Indian National Flag after a 21-gun salute. Our country became an independent state 894 days after getting rid of the British rule. Since then, every year, Republic Day in India is celebrated across the nation.republic day) is celebrated with pride and joy.