Women’s IPL 2023: Teams will be auctioned today (January 25) for the Women’s IPL. There will be competition among 17 companies to buy a total of 5 teams. In these 17, 7 male IPL franchises are also included. This auction has been kept in Mumbai this afternoon. This auction will be held behind closed doors. Some big information has also come to light about the schedule of the tournament and the auction purse received by the teams.
Who is included in the auction?
Among the men’s IPL teams, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, Punjab Kings, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals submitted technical bids ahead of the deadline that ended on Monday. Apart from these seven IPL teams, Adani Group, Capri Global, Haldiram Group, Torrent Pharma, Apollo Pipes, Amritleela Enterprises, Shriram Group and Slingshot 369 Ventures Private Limited are also participating in the auction of IPL teams.
These 10 cities included in the tender document
BCCI has included a total of 10 cities in its tender document for the five IPL teams. No base price has been fixed for these. Any 5 cities out of these 10 will get the name of women’s IPL teams. This auction will be valid for the whole 10 years.
1. Ahmedabad: Narendra Modi Stadium (Capacity: 1,12,560)
2. Kolkata: Eden Gardens (Capacity: 65,000)
3. Chennai: MA Chidambaram Stadium (Capacity: 50,000)
4. Bengaluru: M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Capacity: 42,000)
5. Delhi: Arun Jaitley Stadium (Capacity: 55,000)
6. Dharamshala: HPCA Stadium (Capacity: 20,900)
7. Indore: Holkar Stadium (Capacity: 26,900)
8. Lucknow: Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium (Capacity: 48,800)
9. Guwahati: Baraspara Stadium (Capacity: 38,650)
10. Mumbai: Wankhede/DY Patil/Brabourne Stadium
Each team will get 12 crores in the auction purse.
After the auction of the teams, each franchise will have 12-12 crores to buy the players. BCCI has not yet announced any auction date for the first season, but it is believed that the players can also be auctioned in the first week of February itself. 15 to 18 players can be bought in each team. Of these, 7 players can be abroad. 5 foreign players will be able to play in the playing-11, in which one must be from an associate country. Let us tell you that the first season of the women’s IPL is expected to be played from March 5 to 23.
Read this also…