Team India has been on fire in the last few decades in ODI cricket. When it comes to double centuries in ODIs, only Indian players come to mind. So far, a total of five Indian players have scored a double century in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar was the first Indian to score a double century in ODIs. At the same time, it is believed that Sachin Tendulkar was the only player in the whole world who scored the first double century in ODIs. But if you are told that about 13 years before Sachin Tendulkar, a player had scored a double century in ODIs. So you will not believe this thing.
Whose name is this world record
India’s great cricketer Sachin Tendulkar made a record by scoring a double century against South Africa in the year 2010. But before Sachin Tendulkar, Australia’s Belinda Clarke had scored a double century in ODIs. Belinda Clarke is a former player of the Australian women’s cricket team. He created history by scoring a double century against Denmark in the year 1997. He is the first player to score a double century in ODIs. Sachin Tendulkar is the first player to score a double century among men.
View statistics here
Belinda Clarke scored an inning of 229 runs in a match played against Denmark on 16 December 1997. Belinda Clarke was one of the stalwart players of the Australia women’s cricket team. He has played 15 Tests, 118 ODIs and one T20 International for Australia. Belinda Clarke scored 5767 runs for Australia in all three formats during this period. Belinda Clarke said goodbye to international cricket in the year 2005.
So far these players have scored double centuries in ODIs
- Belinda Clarke – 229 vs Denmark (1997)
- Sachin Tendulkar – 200* vs South Africa (2010)
- Virender Sehwag – 219 vs West Indies (2011)
- Rohit Sharma – 209 vs Australia (2013)
- Rohit Sharma – 264 vs Sri Lanka (2014)
- Chris Gayle – 215 vs Zimbabwe (2015)
- Martin Guptill – 237* vs West Indies (2015)
- Rohit Sharma – 208* vs Sri Lanka (2017)
- Amelia Kerr – 232* vs Ireland (2018)
- Fakar Zaman – 210* vs Zimbabwe (2018)
- Ishan Kishan – 210 vs Bangladesh (2022)
- Shubman Gill – 208 vs New Zealand (Year 2023)
read this also